JESUIT EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATION – WEST ZONE TRIENNIAL - 2009
Statement of West Zone Triennial:
We have unanimously resolved to implement the following action plan:
1. We will take concrete measures to effectively enhance collaboration with the Staff, PTA, Alumni, Govt. Depts and other stakeholders.
2. We shall make concerted efforts to promote a positive culture in our Institutions whereby the self-esteem of students, parents and Staff is enhanced through our daily interactions, curricular and co-curricular activities and special training programmes.
3. In our efforts to uphold human rights, we shall:
- Conduct social awareness programmes on the negative impact of tourism and other imbalanced developments.
- Promote programmes that foster communal harmony and human solidarity.
- Sensitize students on consumer rights and Rights to Information.
4. In our concern for preservation of the environment, we shall:
- Conduct sensitization programmes regarding care for the earth and its resources, conservation of energy resources and reduce, reuse, recycle waste mater.
- We will collaborate with NGOs to educate our students for civic actions.
5. We shall undertake concrete measures to reach-out to the marginalized in the neighbourhood so that they become beneficiaries of our education and school facilities. Depending on the context, we shall facilitate skill-oriented courses so as to make them responsible members of society.